Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas exploration and recovery is probably the harshest of all applications for polymeric materials. The temperatures and pressures; the corrosive chemicals present and the operational life expected of such materials requires that only premium, high performance grades are used.
Our fluid handling/barrier products are used extensively in downhole operations (umbilicals) and our sealing components are widely utilised in ‘on and off-shore’ pipeline flange constructions.
Related Polyflon products:
Essential component characteristics:
- Excellent aging; very little change in mechanical properties over time
- Environmental stress crack resistance (ESCR)
- Low surface energy; non-stick
- Low permeation
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Superior flexibility/ductility at very low temperatures